Gift of a lifetime
Choosing to leave a gift in your will to the Ten Oaks Project will ensure that children and youth from LGBTQ+ identities, families, and communities have access to safer spaces for years to come.
The Ten Oaks Project helps children and youth gain the confidence to become community leaders. Your charitable bequest helps to create the intentional magic that changes lives.
Leaving a gift
Contrary to popular belief, you do not need to be wealthy in order to leave a gift in your will. After you’ve taken care of your loved ones, a gift of even 5% can make a huge difference to children and youth from LGBTQ+ identities, families, and communities.
What you need to know
A gift in your will provides the Ten Oaks Project with the means to continue offering our vital programming. All that’s needed to make a charitable bequest is a few sentences in your will. Here is information that you may find helpful:
- Our legal name is Ten Oaks Project
- Our charitable registration number is 85521 5471 RR0001
- Our address is 251 Bank Street, Floor 2, Ottawa, ON K2P 1X3
- Our suggested wording for a residual gift: “To pay the Ten Oaks Project the residue (or share of the residue) of my estate for such use and purpose as the Board of Directors may determine in their absolute discretion.”
- Our suggested wording for a specific gift: “To pay the Ten Oaks Project the sum of $___ for such use and purpose as the Board of Directors may determine in their absolute discretion.”
If you have chosen to include the Ten Oaks Project in your will, please do let us know. We would love the opportunity to thank you. Please contact Hannah Biancardi at (613) 614-1537 or by email.