Living through a pandemic means we’ve had to get creative with our events and fundraisers to make sure they’re as safe as possible for everyone! In past years, we’ve held our annual Bowl-A-Thon fundraiser each spring, and it brought much-needed funds to the Ten Oaks Project to connect children and youth from 2SLGBTQ+ identities, families, and communities.
We’re returning to our roots this year for a safer alternative to the Bowl-A-Thon: on June 26, we are hosting our first ever CAMP-A-THON!
The Camp-A-Thon is a fun-packed fundraising event (in the comfort of your own home / back yard / campsite!) that appeals to adults, youth, and families looking for a group activity with camp-flair and a philanthropic cause. Over the course of one day, our goal is to raise $15,000 to help send kids to Camp Ten Oaks!
HOW IT WILL WORK
- Folks living/bubbling together create small teams of people to participate
- On June 26, 2021, each team will camp out wherever they feel most comfortable: in a pillow fort in the living room, a tent in the backyard, or out in the forest or on the water, under the stars
- Leading up to the camp-out, team members will ask friends, family members, coworkers, and their network to sponsor them (ie. make donations to the Ten Oaks Project) to participate in the Camp-A-Thon
- The day of the camp-out, there will be fun camp activities and challenges, a live campfire on Instagram that everyone can join, and social media sharing of pictures and videos of everyone’s camping adventures
All proceeds will go directly to the Ten Oaks Project’s summer camp programs that engage children and youth from 2SLGBTQ+ (two spirit, lesbian, gay, bisexual, trans, and queer) identities, families, and communities.
Registration for the Camp-A-Thon is OPEN! Here’s how it works:
- Gather your friends, family, coworkers, and other camp lovers in your life to form a team! Your team can be as big or small as you’d like; if you’re going to be camping together in person, we encourage you to stick to members of your household or bubble!
- Choose a Team Captain: this person will be the team’s liaison with the Ten Oaks Project.
- The Team Captain will register your team online.
- Team members, once your Team Captain has registered your team online, you can go ahead and join the team and set up your own personal fundraising page!
- You can then go forth and start fundraising, planning your camp out, and search for the best s’mores recipe!
If your business is interested in sponsoring the Camp-A-Thon, check out our sponsorship package! There are a variety of levels of sponsorship available, each with its own fun perks.