Dancing for camp
The Acorn Prance is our Toronto-based fundraiser: an annual dance-a-thon extravaganza fundraising event in support of the Ten Oaks Project! Anyone and everyone who enjoys music or dancing is invited to come out and prance their hearts out to raise money to support our programs for children and youth from LGBTQ+ identities, families and communities.
The 2017 Acorn Prance will take place on Sunday, April 23 from 2:00-5:00 PM at Buddies in Bad Times Theatre*. We welcome participants of all ages, skill levels, and abilities to join us for games, prizes, and prancing galore! Our goal is to raise $30,000 to bring kids to camp!
*Please note that Buddies in Bad Times is a physically accessible space, including ramps, gender neutral bathrooms, and accessible bathroom stalls.
Registration for the 2017 Acorn Prance is OPEN! Here’s how it works:
- Gather your friends, family, coworkers, and other dancing lovers in your life to form a team!
- Choose a Team Captain: this person will be the team’s liaison with the Ten Oaks Project
- Team Captains, you need to register your team online at this link.
- Team members, once your Team Captain has registered your team online, you can go ahead and join the team and set up your own personal fundraising page!
- You can now go forth and start fundraising, planning your outfit, and practicing your best dancing moves!