Bowling for Camp
The Ten Oaks Project hosts a FUNdraiser known as the Ten Oaks Bowl-A-Thon in Ottawa each year. Filled with silly challenges, amazing costumes, and fun prizes, the Bowl-A-Thon brings much-needed funds to the organization and connects children and youth from 2SLGBTQ+ identities, families, and communities with their supporters.
The 2019 Bowl-A-Thon took place on Saturday, April 6 from 2 – 5 PM at McArthur Lanes. We welcomed over 250 participants of all ages, skill levels, and abilities to join us for bowling, arcade games and prizes! Our goal was to raise $45,000, and our amazing fundraisers, donors, and supporters raised over $47,000 to bring kids to camp!
Registration for the 2020 Bowl-A-Thon will open in February 2020! Here’s how it will work:
- Gather your friends, family, coworkers, and other bowling lovers in your life to form a team! Teams typically have 4-6 people on them, and if each team raises $1,500, we’ll have no trouble reaching our goal of $45,000!
- Choose a Team Captain: this person will be the team’s liaison with the Ten Oaks Project.
- Team Captains, you need to contact us directly via email to reserve a lane. We have limited space (the bowling alley is only so big!) and we wouldn’t want you to be disappointed on the big day. Once we’ve confirmed that there’s a lane reserved for you, you can go ahead and register your team online.
- Team members, once your Team Captain has registered your team online, you can go ahead and join the team and set up your own personal fundraising page!
- You can then go forth and start fundraising, planning your costumes, and practicing your best bowling moves!
The big day
On the day of the Bowl-A-Thon, you and your team come to MacArthur Lanes and enjoy an afternoon of incredible fun! Bowl, play arcade games, check out the craft table, and participate in team spirit challenges to win prizes.
Our wonderful community supporters contribute great incentives each year, and supporters who reach certain fundraising targets are able to enjoy access to a legendary prize pile. Spend the day with friends, support a great cause, AND have the opportunity to win big!
Costumes and team themes are strongly encouraged. Check out our Flickr for photos of previous bowling stars.
If you have questions, please contact us.
our 2019 sponsors