lgbtq+ Children’s Book Drive
The LGBTQ+ community now has more children’s books that are inclusive and wonderful than we ever did and the Ten Oaks Project has teamed up with Venus Envy and Family Services Ottawa to run a book drive to collect some of these amazing books! We are aiming to create a travelling shared library that will be used by Ten Oaks Project and Family Services Ottawa, as well as our community partners at various events and at Camp Ten Oaks!
You may donate a book at the Venus Envy store online or in person. Check out how below:
- Go to: https://venusenvy.ca/category/catalog/childrens-books
- Pick out the book you’d like to buy, add it to your cart and check out.
- For shipping method, under ‘Calculate Shipping Cost’ choose ‘I will pick up my order at Venus Envy’
- At the very bottom of the check out page, you’ll see a section for ‘Order Comments’. Please make sure you enter ‘LGBTQ+ Children’s Book Drive’ under the comments, and finalize your order.
- Your chosen donated book will automatically be added to our book drive by the wonderful folks at Venus Envy!
- Visit Venus Envy located at 226 Bank Street in Ottawa, ON.
- Pick out the book that you’d like to buy and take it to the cash register.
- Let your cashier know that this book is for the ‘LGBTQ+ Children’s Book Drive’. Pay for the book and the amazing folks at Venus Envy will add it to our book drive!
- They’ll ask you for your name and address, if you are comfortable sharing, so we can tell you how grateful we are for your contribution!